Station Eleven, by Emily St. John Mandel

I'll be honest: I don't have much to say about this book. It's really well done, but I didn't absolutely love it, nor do I have any complaints. The writing is great, the plot is great - it's as intricate as it should be and lets the reader make her own guesses along the way. It's a really good book, but for some reason I find it a bit unremarkable. Perhaps this is because I regularly read novels in this genre, whereas most of "Station Eleven's" big fans don't, so it's more unique to them. I think that I'd like to read more of her work but only if it falls further along the spectrum, either straight literary fiction or straight science fiction. But despite not being blown away by it, I must stress that it really is a very well-done book, and I'd absolutely recommend it to readers looking for something a bit beyond their normal fiction.

Comments

Popular Posts