Cress, by Marissa Meyer

The third installment of The Lunar Chronicles is based on Rapunzel, and it's fantastic. Meyer got back to a good balance between action and introspection as we follow Cress's escape from her prison-like satellite onto Earth. Suddenly faced with the vastness of a planet after seven years in what essentially amounted to solitary confinement, Cress is a believable mixture of excited, terrified, and curious. We alternate her story with Emperor Kai and Cinder's. Just as exciting as the first two, "Cress" was hugely enjoyable to read, and I'll be awaiting #4 with great anticipation.

Comments

  1. Whenever I read your write ups on Lunar Chronicles I'm sold on the series. I need to get around to picking the first couple up next time I make the drive over there.

    ~Ed

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts