The Wise Man's Fear, by Patrick Rothfuss

This is the second book of the Kingkiller Chronicles, and it's just as magical as the first. When I read "The Name of the Wind," I was struck by Rothfuss's storytelling skills. He's a wonderful writer, but as I said in that review, he'd be a fantastic storyteller in any genre. My opinion has not changed at all after reading the second installment of his trilogy. Rothfuss is writing a fairy tale, not of the Disney variety, but more like the original folklore those happy movies are based on. The story is dark and even violent at parts, but throughout it maintains a lyrical, haunting quality that is truly delectable to read. I read its thousand pages in a week, and loved every minute of it. I can't wait until the final book is published!

Comments

Popular Posts